This course is priceless!
The Permaculture Design Course is a 72 hour intensive course taught by Wayne Weiseman. It combines theory with practical hands on learning. Participants will learn Permaculture design principles & techniques. The course includes lectures, discussions, hands-on, slide shows, field trips and design projects. As we are in a Metroplex, the course will focus design and techniques applied to an urban area, such as gardening in small spaces, using edge guilds, composting, bio-remediation and community garden design. The 2014 class will be taught in two sections. September 25th through September 28th and then the final session ail be October 16th through October 19th. Sign up now for a life changing experience!
Wayne Weiseman and The Permaculture Project is certified by the American Institute of Architecture, and their continuing educational program. Wayne is thought to be the best instructor in the nation and one of the best in the world. He is a dear friend and collaborator with us at Elizabeth Anna’s Urban Farm.
Permaculture — from permanent and agriculture — is an integrated design philosophy that encompasses gardening, architecture, horticulture, ecology, even money management and community design. The basic approach is to create sustainable systems that provide for their own needs and recycle their waste.
Topics Covered in Every Design Certification Course:
- Principles of Permaculture
- Observation & landscape analysis
- Ecological planning & design methods
- Organic food production and food security
- Climatic factors in design
- Soils: Natural soil improvement
- Integrated animal systems
- Water: harvesting, conservation,and management
- Agro-forestry & forest gardening
- Appropriate technologies & renewable energy systems
- Mapping & design exercises
- Techniques and design strategies for both urban & rural applications
- Sustainable human settlements
“Permaculture” is a copyrighted word. Only upon satisfactory completion of this course is an internationally recognized “Certificate of Permaculture Design” issued. Graduates are then eligible to use Permaculture in the promotion of designs, teaching and landscaping. Following at least two years of applied work, you are eligible to apply for a Diploma of Permaculture Design through the International Permaculture Institute.
Learn more about Permaculture: